Saints Endowment Fund
The primary focus of the St Stithians Foundation is to ensure the future sustainability of St Stithians College as a 21st century institution of educational excellence.
The Foundation governors have adopted a long-term, forward-looking strategy and have established the Saints Endowment Fund to invest and safeguard the funds raised for this purpose.
It is the Foundation’s intention to build up a solid base of capital in the endowment fund, to provide a platform for sustainable financial support for the benefit and future development of all the schools of St Stithians College.
The Foundation has four main focus areas:
- To raise funds for infrastructural projects and improved College facilities
- To ensure that the College continues to provide an excellent education, and remains at the forefront of educational best practice and thinking, and by investing in the professional development of the St Stithians staff
- To provide St Stithians scholarships, based on merit and financial need, for worthy pupils to attend the College
- To support community partnership programmes aimed at providing quality education for students attending under-resourced schools
The funds raised for the Saints Endowment Fund are predominantly from members of the St Stithians family (alumni, current and past parents, and staff), and are used primarily for the benefit of the St Stithians schools.
One of the recent infrastructure projects was the development of the exercise track.
The Saints Endowment Fund Investment Committee governors are:
- Mr Russell Loubser (Chair): Russell is a past parent and the former CEO of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange Ltd
- Mr Andrew Watt (Governor): Andrew is an alumnus, a current parent and MD of Lightstone Property
- Mr Roy McAllister (Governor): Roy is a past parent, who has served for more than 20 years in various governance roles at St Stithians College. He is a Saints Trustee and is the group managing director of Sandown Motor Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- Mr Stuart McIver (Governor): Stuart is an alumnus, serves on the Old Stithians Association, and is a business and capital analyst at Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation PLC
The Saints Endowment Fund is managed by Melville Douglas, a separately constituted fund manager, to ensure the highest standards of governance in the safeguarding and investments of the funds raised.
Making a contribution to the Saints Endowment Fund will ensure that generations to come will receive a quality Saints education.