Amazing results at the Cricket South Africa (CSA) Awards
We are immensely proud of both these young men – not only for their incredible achievements but for the incredible young men they have become. They have both been blessed with great talents, and just as those role models that inspired them played a part in their drive and motivation to succeed – they too have inspired many of the boys at Saints and around the country to work towards greatness!
At the age of 21 Kagiso Rabada (2013) is by far the youngest to have won South African cricket’s biggest accolade.
Kagiso won six awards in total – hitting the awards for a six!
· South African Cricketer of the Year
· Castle Lager Test Cricketer of the Year
· Castle Lager ODI Cricketer of the Year
· SA Players’ Player of the Year
· SA Fans Player of the Year
· RAM delivery of the Year to England’s Jason Roy in the KFC T20 International
At the eighth annual CSA Breakfast Awards at the Wanderers Club in Johannesburg on Tuesday 26 July – Wiaan Mulder (grade 12) won three major awards
· Coca-Cola U19 Cricketer of the Year
· Coca-Cola Schools T20 Cricketer of the Year and
· Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week Player of the Tournament
While on tour in Sri Lanka earlier this year with the Sa U19 squad, he captained the side and was named Man of the Series.
Congratulations Kagiso and Wiaan!