Talent is often on display at Boys’ Preparatory, but it is the Saints Character that distinguishes our boys.
Referring to talent within a school catering for boys 9-13 years may seem slightly presumptuous but ability is clearly visible when our boys compete against their age group both internally and against opposition schools.
However, it is our boys character which we value. As is the case with so many of our collective initiatives, we encourage our parents to support our drive towards growing boys of character.
Remind our boys that if they take care of their character their reputation will take care of itself.
Some points to ponder:
- What are our boys doing when they think they no one is watching?
- Are they one thing in person, and another person on social media or outside of the school environment?
- Who are their influences? – You will become like the people you associate with most: Know yourself, Be yourself.
- Are our boys a great teammate?
- Do they make a positive first impression?
- Are they humble enough to serve others and to focus on the small things as well as the big things?
- Do our boys show gratitude?
This drive towards our saints’ character is indeed a continuously developing journey and we need to safe guard against assuming that we have arrived at the final destination. After all, to inspire excellence implies that we are always growing our boys.